Add to our photo petition: “Boris, give us the freedom to walk or ride: Blackfriars must stay 20mph”
- By London Cycling Campaign on at 4:39pm 13 June 2011
- Posted in: News and blogs
- Tagged with: blackfriars, 20mph, petition, photo
We’re urging everyone who cares about people-friendly public spaces and reducing road danger to add their picture to our ‘20mph Blackfriars’ photo petition.
It only takes a minute, and when we’ve enough photos we’re going to show them off in a very public place in a highly visible but obviously still legal kind of way.
Send them to us in a blank email (email@example.com), with your caption in the subject line.
So this is your big chance to tell the Mayor ‘face to face’ that he must grant Londoners the freedom to cycle and walk by making our streets safer.
This freedom starts with keeping Blackfriars Bridge 20mph, and means the Mayor taking on the traffic-management bureaucrats who sacrifice our safety to keep more cars moving faster.
Your photo will be stronger if it includes a message, or maybe your bike, your friends or your kids.
The Mayor is on record saying he wants “cyclised” streets, where cyclists are “no longer in thrall to the motor car”.
We agree, and to achieve this we need:
- NOW: Keep the 20mph speed limit in place
- NEXT: Completely redesign Blackfriars so it’s people and cyclist-friendly.
What do I do next?
- Photograph yourself with a phone or camera
- Email it to us to be added to our Flickr site
And thanks to the 2000 people who signed our email petition last month. We haven't forgotten you... and will be using your details to put pressure on the Mayor too.