Aldgate victim's mother calls on Mayor Boris Johnson to set a deadline for major improvements to Cycle Superhighway 2

The mother of Philippine de Gerin-Ricard, killed last Friday on Cycle Superhighway 2, said yesterday that "by using this bike lane she didn't stand a chance from the outset" and called on the Mayor Boris Johnson to set a deadline for improvements.

Speaking to the BBC yesterday, her mother Anna went on to say, "I don't understand how they can put bicycles and motor vehicles so close together at this spot."

Last Friday's fatal crash took place on Cycle Superhighway 2, one of the Mayor's flagship commuter routes, designed to encourage new cyclists.

Since it was built, Superhighway 2 has been subjected to constant criticism from the London Cycling Campaign and countless other campaign groups, bloggers and members of the public.

Despite passing through some of London's heaviest motor traffic (around 1200 lorries per day, or two every minute), the route provides no dedicated space for cycling.

LCC chief executive Ashok Sinha said, "Cycle Superhighway 2 runs along a very busy road with two or three lanes in each direction.

"Building high-quality segregated bike tracks with safe passage through junctions is perfectly possible here, and is the type of measure the Mayor committed to when he signed up to our Love London, Go Dutch campaign in 2012.

"All over London, cyclists are being asked to fight for roadspace with heavy, fast-moving motor traffic. Unless there's dedicated space for cycling, the Mayor should expect more cycling deaths on these types of roads."

Philippine de Gerin-Ricard came to London for four months to improve her English to benefit her business studies education.

LCC is supporting a vigil at City Hall before the protest ride organised by road victim charity RoadPeace.

Given the lack of visible action from Boris for some of the worst pinch points for cycling, what would happen if a group of guerilla cyclists simply started to put in the necessary physical segregation for the benefit of cyclists such as Phillipine? What is worse, breaking the law or dying?  After all, roadworks pop up everywhere, sometimes for months at a time and traffic still flows.  I think 'keeping traffic flowing' is a misnomer.

• By zilky at 9:18pm 3 February 2015

I investigated much data which is helpful to my life. I really numerous much obliged concerning tries by doing this!

urgence-serrurier-24h24
  • By zilky at 9:00pm 6 February 2015

i like your post and all you impart to us is redesign and truly educational, i might want to bookmark the page

free phone with medicaid
  • By zilky at 2:16pm 8 February 2015

You have made an awesome showing. I will doubtlessly burrow it and actually prescribe to my companions.

To Catch a Plagiarist
  • By zilky at 2:07pm 14 February 2015

I want to peruse this sort of articles, I trust you will redesign it. Much obliged to you for imparting it to me.

My article
  • By AsharSeo at 6:16am 16 February 2015

A really handy feature is that the unit folds in half for either storage at home or transporting in a car...

free credit reports from all 3 bureaus

buy youtube comments
  • By BlackMen at 8:53am 16 February 2015

I don't understand how they can put bicycles and motor vehicles so close together at this spot." Canada Goose Parka UK

buy youtube views and likes

Η νέα μόδα των αγορών μέσω του διαδικτύου απαιτεί την εξυπηρέτηση απο κάποια μεταφορική. Οι μεταφορικές υπηρεσίες πλέον είναι βασική προυπόθεση για όλες τις επιχειρήσεις εμπορίου. Η εξασφάλιση και η γρήγορη μεταφορά του είναι υποχρέωση της κάθε εταιρίας μεταφοράς ενώ για οποιαδήποτε ζημιά στο αντικείμενο ο κύριος υπεύθυνος είναι η ίδια η μεταφορική εταιρία.

μεταφορικη
  • By BlackMen at 7:17am 18 February 2015

She called on the Mayor to set a deadline for change, so "no other family has to go through what we are". free makeup samples

• By BlackMen at 11:31am 18 February 2015

using this bike lane she didn't stand a chance from the outset" and called on the Mayor Boris Johnson to set a deadline for improvements. Friv 1000 games

• By zilky at 3:56pm 18 February 2015

I know there's a whole other world to composing instructive articles like this than writing a few words.

Painter and Decorator Edinburgh
  • By BlackMen at 7:51am 19 February 2015

We Are Offering Manual DoFollow Blog Comments From Actual Page Rank!For Only $ 5 $. Try Our Service Once, And You Would Never Want To Go To Any Other Blog Commenting Provider. quality link building services

• By AsharSeo at 9:53am 19 February 2015

Try Our Service Once, And You Would Never Want To Go To Any Other Blog Commenting Provider....

kitchen remodeling houston
  • By zilky at 2:09pm 19 February 2015

This is a nice post in an interesting line of content.Thanks for sharing this article, great way of bring this topic to discussion.

enterprise cloud solutions
  • By AsharSeo at 7:40am 20 February 2015

I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work!

binäre optionen
  • By BlackMen at 8:37am 21 February 2015

chance from the outset" and called on the Mayor Boris Johnson to set a deadline for improvements.  loft conversions

• By AsharSeo at 6:31am 22 February 2015

gemstone meaning
  • By BlackMen at 8:52am 24 February 2015

stand a chance from the outset" and called on the Mayor Boris Johnson to set a deadline for improvements. van hire london

Fabulous point; its reality what you are letting us know about; much appreciated such a great amount for the magnificent article.

plombier cormeilles en parisis

"I don't understand how they can put bicycles and motor vehicles so close together at this spot. Loft Conversions London

Hundreds are expected to visit the scene of the fatal crash during a #space4cycling protest ride taking place tonight, departing from Tower Hill at 6pm. naya boots

I've been looking for books of this nature for a way too long. I'm just glad that I found yours.IM conference vegas

She looks pity girls go games com  , baixar o whatsapp

• By zilky about 7 hours ago

I am frequently to blogging and i truly perceive your substance. I cherish your post excessively.

Serrurerie Cassini

Blog provided for us valuable data to work. You have made a stunning showing!

paint contractor

Thanks for this great write! I rally enjoying every little bit

international travel with DUI

of it I have you bookmarked and stumbled to check out new stuff you post....