Bromley Bike Blast bounces into borough
photo The Bromley Bike Blast on Saturday 19 June has events that all the family can take part in
Bromley Cyclists, the local LCC group, is playing a key role in organising the Bromley Bike Blast, the first ever mass cycling event in the borough.
The family-oriented festival of cycling takes place on Saturday 19 June, with most events occuring between midday and 5pm.
- Bikeability 'Cyclist of the Year'
- LCC picnic area
- De-stabiliser challenge
- British Cycling 'Go-Ride' skills test
- Bikeability taster sessions for adults and children
- Free bike MOTs
- Bromley Go-ride inter club competition.
- Bicycle parades: whatever you ride, there'll be a parade for you to participate in
- Pimp My Bike, looking for the most 'special' bicycle in Bromley
- Cycling Village: cycle-specific stalls and bike-related organisations to make your cycling more enjoyable.
- Roller Racing: your chance to become the next Sir Chris Hoy or Victoria Pendleton.
Working closely with Bromley Council, who are providing substantial funding and manpower for the event, LCC is helping to ensure a large crowd attends and that the many events run successfully on the day.
Bromley Cyclists' Charles Potter said, "Of all the boroughs in London, Bromley has probably the lowest overall number of cyclists.
Thousands of potential new cyclists in the borough
"However, this also means it has massive potential for growth, with its broad streets and pleasant parks.
"Events like the Bike Blast can only help show more people that cycling can be safe, practical and fun."
LCC hopes to lead a ride after the Bike Blast to the Smithfield Nocturne in central London, where there'll be an evening of street racing around the famous market.