Having good facilities at work is crucial to encouraging people to cycle.
Secure cycle parking is one of the most important, because if people are worried that their bike will be stolen, they're much less likely to bring it to work.
You can download our cycle parking equipment guide on this page.
Here are some useful guidelines for workplace cycle parking:
- Take some time to research bike stands before buying them, and speak to cyclists about what works and what doesn’t.
- Establish the most secure and most convenient location for bike stands (unused stands are a waste of money).
- Consult with cycle users before installation.
- Make sure the stands are installed correctly.
- If installing lockers make sure they are managed properly.
- Follow up to make sure users are satisfied.