Exclusive London Cycling Campaign KeepCup for every new member – Join Today
- By London Cycling Campaign on at 9:57am 29 April 2014
- Posted in: News and blogs
- Tagged with: London Cycling, space for cycling, New Member Incentive, KeepCups
We are excited to reveal our very own medium-sized KeepCup (worth £13.50*), available FREE to every new member** for a limited time only.
The exclusive branded KeepCup comes in a variety of colours and is sustainably made. Use your reusable cup for your morning Latte, Chai or Americano, helping to save the planet and keep your drink hot. We’ve also checked that it fits in a variety of bottle holders, so you can attach it to your bike on the way to the café and show your support for us too.
Becoming a London Cycling Campaign member supports our vital campaigns like Space for Cycling, but also gives you:
- FREE third-party insurance and legal advice
- Great money-saving offers and discounts at bike shops all over London
- Access to regular free cycling events
- Dedicated cycling magazine delivered to your door
KeepCups were conceived by Abigail Forsyth and her brother in Melbourne, Australia, who realised when running their own coffee shop, the huge amount of waste generated by disposable cups. After years of researching and designing, they came up with the KeepCup concept and kick started behavioural change in Melbourne that has now spread to the rest of the world.
KeepCup is a global campaign that strives to make a difference to how we think about convenience culture, and there are also some astonishing facts that show the positive impact of using them over disposable cups.
- There is enough plastic in 20 disposable cups and lids to make a medium KeepCup
- KeepCups have been tested to 1500 uses by industrial designers, and are estimated to last at least three years
- Over one year the KeepCup, when compared to disposable cups, reduces landfill by at least 99%, reduces greenhouse gas emissions by up to 92% and reduces water use by up to 90%
If you're already a member but want to buy a KeepCup, you can order from the London Cycling Campaign online shop.
* The price of a branded KeepCup ordered online from the LCC shop.
** Offer available to new members joining by Direct Debit as an Individual (£38) or Household Memberships (£65). Please note, one KeepCup per membership and dispatched with no preference of colour possible.