Winner of our Tyre Change Time Trial competition collects his new Genesis Flyer single speed
- By London Cycling Campaign on at 3:19pm 9 July 2013
- Posted in: News and blogs
- Tagged with: Tyre changing time trial, London Bicycle Workshop
Pete Kielbasa was the highly skilled winner of the London Cycling Campaign Tyre-change Time Trial competition, which took place over two, SPIN London and the London Nocturne.
Pete set the record for changing an inner tube against the clock, with a spectacular time of 1 minute 26.9 seconds.
Our talented winner for the tyre-changing competition, says that he’s changed over 6,000 tyres working in the London Bicycle Workshop in Clerkenwell Road.
If you want to try and beat his time, follow Peter's top tips for a speedy tyre change:
- Be very organised, with everything laid out in front of you
- Know exactly what you're doing and move fast
- Practise, practise, practise
Peter also claimed the two pints of 3.8% ale before his effort helped his speed, but we're not so sure that would work for everyone...
We'll be running the competition again at similar cycling events so keep an eye on our website or e-newsletter.