LCC submits policy recommendations to GLA Transport Committee Investigation into Cycling

In a challenging introduction to our response to the GLA Transport Committee Investigation into Cycling, LCC chief executive Ashok Sinha has called for Boris Johnson to "direct Transport for London to give cycling priority in both time and space over motor traffic as a general rule on London’s streets" (p4).

Download our response

While praising past efforts of Ken Livingstone and Boris Johnson for helping to promote cycling to current levels, LCC is calling for an "unprecedented show of political will from the Mayor and all London's political leaders" (p5) as the only way to make the capital a city that is cycle-friendly for everyone.

The 24-page response contains 42 policy recommendations to reduce road danger, deprioritise motor traffic, build safe and inviting infrastructure, and engage more constructively with stakeholders.

Building on the principles behind our Love London, Go Dutch campaign, we call on Transport for London road planners to use UK and continental best-practice when designing streets for cycling (p18).

We also call for proper investment to help transform London into a city that is safe and inviting for everyone to cycle.

Great response LCC! I have read British Cyclings response, which I was very please to see agreed with most of your sentiments. They seemed to really understand the need for fundamental change at strategic level in terms of political priorities. Which other cycling groups have been asked for a response?

Jono

• By zilky at 10:13pm 14 February 2015

I truly never thought I could have a decent perused by now until I discovered this site.

My article
  • By AsharSeo at 6:58am 16 February 2015

I can return here from you that you have done an awesome job.

3 credit reports

Οι μεταφορικές εταιρίες αναλαμβάνουν τη μεταφορά μικρών αντικειμένων μέχρι και αρκετά βαρέων και ευθραστων μηχανημάτων, με το ανάλλογο κόστος. Το πλεονέκτημα αυτών των εταιριών είναι τα συνεχή δρομολόγια προς όλες της πόλεις της Ελλάδος αρκετές φορές μέσα στην εβδομάδα. Αυτό επιτυγχάνεται χάρη στη συνεργασία των μεταφορικών μεταξύ τους.

reishi ganoderma
  • By alex12 at 8:49am 22 February 2015

The story and blog you have published is very interesting as well as informatics, Thanks for sharing such type of informatics thing.enterprise cloud software provider

• By AsharSeo at 10:19am 22 February 2015

I was surfing net and fortunately came across this site and found very interesting stuff here. Its really fun to read. I enjoyed a lot.

black diamond earrings for men
  • By alex12 at 1:04pm 1 March 2015

Just elsewhere I can imagine the positive defame gives another tolerant bad consonants blogs.Internet Marketing Conference

• By zilky at 9:22pm 2 March 2015

Extraordinary employment! I truly like this post. Much thanks for imparting this phenomenal post

Serrurerie Kaprico

This is a terrific article, and I would like more information if you have any. I am fascinated with this topic and your post has been one of the best I have read...

international travel with DUI

The young boys ended up absolutely stimulated to read through them and now have unquestionably been having fun with these things.

jaipur to delhi taxi

blogging sites for beginners

Auf über 300 m2 Fläche nden wir für Ihre Kunstwerke, Bilder und Fotos den passenden Rahmen, mit oder ohne Passepartout. Unsere top ausgestatte Rahmenwerkstatt ermöglicht uns schnell und in höchster Qualität auf jeden Kundenwunsch zu reagieren.

Alu-Dibond

Thanks for this great write! I rally enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked and stumbled to check out new stuff you post...

dong ho deo tay gia re
  • By Tomm at 8:57am 19 March 2015
Thanks for sharing this awesome topic. learn more

Bei uns nden Sie sämtliches Zubehör zum Aufhängen von Bildern. Vom einfachstenBilderhaken bis hin zur Bildaufhängung mit Diebstahlschutz. Wir als Bilderrahmenprohaben hier alle Produkte zur Bildaufhängung in einem Shop zusammengestellt..

Bilderhaken

Bei uns finden Sie sämtliches Zubehör zum Aufhängen von Bildern. Vom einfachsten Bilderhaken bis hin zur Bildaufhängung mit Diebstahlschutz. Wir als Bilderrahmenprofi haben hier alle Produkte zur Bildaufhängung in einem Shop zusammengestellt.   Zackenaufhänger