London Cycling Awards
This years winners were presented by Debborah Moggach, cycling author and screenwriter; David Begg, Transport Consultant; Ben Webster, Transport Correspondent for The Times; and Philip Darnton, Chair of the National Cycling Strategy Board.
The full list of winners is:
- Best Cycle Facility: Royal Borough of Kingston on Thames in partnership with Transport for London and South West Trains for cycle parking and facilities at Surbiton Station.
- Best Community Cycling Initiative: Brenton Smith and local helpers for the Burgess Park bike track.
- Best Cycling Initiative for Young People or Children: London Borough of Tower Hamlets in partnership with Youth Action UK for their bike skills youth training scheme.
- London Cycling Personality of the Year: Barry Mason, cycling activist in Southwark.
- Special Commendation: London Borough of Ealing for its "Marketing Cycling" initiative.