Oppose the scrapping of the congestion charge western extension
- By London Cycling Campaign on at 11:00pm 08 Jul 2010
- Posted in: Blog, Westminster, Kensington and Chelsea
- Tagged with: air pollution, congestion charge, western extension, consultation
- Boroughs: Westminster, Kensington and Chelsea
LCC is strongly suggesting the public remind the mayor of the adverse effects of scrapping the western extension of the congestion charge zone.
Scrapping the zone will:
- cost Londoners £55 million in lost revenue
- worsen congestion in West London
- damage targets for increasing cycling
- increase air pollution beyond already unacceptable levels
- increase the city's total CO2 emissions
LCC has said since the western extension was proposed in 2005 that the congestion charge should have two zones with separate charges to more effectively reduce inner city motor traffic.
Please make your views known to the mayor here.
LCC responded to the stakeholder consultation in 2008, and is also responding to current consultation.