Put your favourite cycling scheme or project in the limelight
Londoners are invited to nominate the capital's best cycling projects with the launch of the London Cycling Awards 2009.
The awards, run by the London Cycling Campaign, recognise the best contributions to the growth of cycling in the capital.
Anyone can nominate a cycling project or facility for an award, and self-nomination is welcomed.
The categories for this year’s nominations are:
• Best Cycle Facility
• Best Community Cycling Initiative
• Best Cycling Initiative for Young People or Children
• Best Workplace Cycling Initiative.
“It might be an employer who has launched an innovative scheme to get people cycling or it could be a project to help people with disabilities gain confidence on their bikes,” said Tom Bogdanowicz, LCC campaigns manager.
“There are dozens of new and exciting cycling projects out there – this is aachance for any Londoner to nominate their favourite one.”
Previous Award winners, like STA Bikes, have developed their projects into successful organisations that support cycling, and some award-winning bike facilities are now used by thousands of cyclists.
Last year’s awards winners included:
- Family Cycle Clubs in Hackney
- Bike recycling project in Kingston
- ‘Well at Work” scheme at Newham University Hospital
- Bicycle lockers on the Frampton Park Estate
- A prototype bike parking facility at Shadwell DLR station.
Details as to how to submit a nomination can be found by following the link below. The deadline for nominations is 10am on Monday 19 October 2009.
Visit our Awards pages for details as to how to nominate your favourite London cycling project.