Removal of Aldgate one-way system welcomed but condemnation for lack of safe cycling facilities

View Larger Map

The London Cycling Campaign has welcomed plans to remove the one-way system around Aldgate tube station, but we’re calling for much greater protection for cyclists throughout the scheme.

There’s strong concern over how the City’s plans will force cyclists to negotiate heavy motor traffic at pinch points created by police control points on St Botolph Street and Aldgate High Street.

There is space to build a high-quality segregated cycle route on St Botolph Street, linking Aldgate, Middlesex Street, and a route to London Wall.

Transport for London’s plans for Whitechapel High Street to the east of the current one-way system do very little to protect cyclists from the very high levels of motor traffic on the inner ring road (see the Streetview above).

This location is where Cycle Superhighway 2 stops before entering the City of London.

This junction forms part of the Mayor’s Better Junctions Programme, set up in 2011 after the high-profile deaths of cyclists at Bow roundabout and other London locations.

While we welcome the removal of the Aldgate one-way system, we’re deeply concerned that unless other one-way systems between Tower Bridge and Aldgate are also removed then a safe and inviting solution for cycling is difficult or impossible to find.

At present, removing the other one-way systems is not being addressed by the Better Junctions Programme.

• By zilky at 9:53am 11 January 2015

I have found your post to be uncommonly empowering and stacked with extraordinary information.

BestCollegeHunt
  • By zilky at 9:32pm 3 February 2015

I must thank you for the activities you have made in composing this article.

plomberie-gaston.fr
  • By zilky at 2:34pm 15 February 2015

Trust the group likewise concurs with me. I am composing an exploration paper and gathering data on this theme.

My web resource
  • By AsharSeo at 7:17am 16 February 2015

At the same time as braking, straighten your arms and move your bodyweight backwards on your seat, so you counteract the braking force..

3 credit scores

Η διαδικασία των μεταφορών και των μετακομίσεων έχει πάει σε τέτοιο επίπεδο στις μέρες μας που στις περισσότερες περιπτώσεις συμφέρει να φέρεις ένα αντικείμενο απο άλλη πόλη ή περιοχή ακόμη και απο το να επιλέξεις και να μεταφέρεις το αντικέιμενο μόνος σου ακόμη και απο τη γειτονιά σου.

ganoderma
  • By alex12 at 1:10pm 18 February 2015

Aldgate tube station, but we’re calling for much greater protection for cyclists throughout the scheme.accounting software

• By zilky at 11:19am 25 February 2015

A debt of gratitude is in order regarding posting this article. I truly acknowledge posts, which may be of exceptionally helpful.

depannage plombier acheres
  • By alex12 at 8:55am 2 March 2015

I've been looking for books of this nature for a way too long. I'm just glad that I found yours.IM conference vegas

I have recently started a blog, the info you provide on this site has helped me greatly. Thanks for all of your time & work...

temporary resident permit

I'm going to bring you a lot of business. I'm closing a deal that's going to start bringing you a lot of money thank .

car rental jaipur to delhi

The  Earning Expert was created by Simon Ellis and and it's free

what is wordpress

Mit unseren hochwertigen und modernen Galerieschienen lassen sich Bilder sowohl zu Hause als auch in gewerblichen Räumen schnell, leicht und vor allem exibel aufhängen.Mit Galerieschienen brauchen Sie nie mehr Nägel in eine Wand zu schlagen.

dong ho deo tay gia re

Auf über 300 m2 Fläche nden wir für Ihre Kunstwerke, Bilder und Fotos den passenden Rahmen, mit oder ohne Passepartout. Unsere top ausgestatte Rahmenwerkstatt ermöglicht uns schnell und in höchster Qualität auf jeden Kundenwunsch zu reagieren.

Bilderschienen