Short films celebrate London's cycling diversity
- By London Cycling Campaign on at 12:00am 7 December 2010
- Posted in: News and blogs, Bromley, Camden, Hammersmith and Fulham, Islington, Westminster
- Tagged with: video, community, agewell
- Boroughs: Bromley, Camden, Hammersmith and Fulham, Islington, Westminster
Every year the Community Cycling Fund for London supports around 50 community cycling initatives.
LCC is proud to launch three short films illustrating the potential and achievements of these initiatives.
The films showcase three community cycling projects:
- Candi-Cycles: The Camden and Islington Mental Health Foundation Trust offers regular bike maintenance classes and cycle training for its service users.
- Agewell on Wheels has been supporting the over 50s to get cycling in Hammersmith for the past few years. This year, they have launched similar programmes in Camden and in Westminster.
- Squeaky Chains: A small bike recycling outfit in Central London which works with homeless people to get them back into employment.