Up-cycled bike wear at a snip of the price for LCC members
- By London Cycling Campaign on at 03:52pm 08 Oct 2013
- Posted in: Blog
- Tagged with: fashion, bike wear, member offers
Up-cycling fashionistas, Thrifty Couture, unveil their first collection, designed to take women cyclists straight from commute to play. Fun and functional, their bike wear collection promises to be as easy to wear as any other clothes in your wardrobe, with not an inch of lycra in sight.
The Thrifty Couturières are avid cyclists and believe that women’s bike wear should be functional, stylish and, above all, sustainable. Their clothing is up-cycled from unissued military garments, vintage pieces and remnant textiles. Buttons and fixings are recovered from spoiled garments... any more sustainable and you’d be naked!
To celebrate the launch of the clothing range, Thrifty Couture are offering London Cycling Campaign members 20% discount on the new bike wear collection until the end of October, 2013.
Some of the features of the bike wear include:
• figure-flattering cut and cinch belts
• shoulder- and elbow-ease in marino or stretch butter leather
• roomy pockets
• hi-vis and fluorescent embellishment at base of collar, reverse of belt, yolk and sleeve backs
• waterproof textiles, easy to reproof with NikWax
• stain- and shower-proof Vegetan leathers and suedes
• detachable hi-vis collars when you want to be a little less obvious
• zip-to-hide hi-vis inserts; smart and always ready for cycling
• button and zip plackets to allow looser fit for layering
• storm collars to protect throat and face
• optional button-in liners, in rip-stop nylon and plush
• Messenger Jackets in either fern green or silver black, with a choice of 4 collar colours, and 3 satin stripe colours
• Ivy Trench with choice of 4 collar and pocket colours, and 5 waterproof side inserts
*LCC MEMBER OFFER**
To access your exclusive online discount code, visit the member’s page on our website (link and QR code available on the back of LCC membership card)