Women's Cycling Day at Hillingdon
Women cyclists are invited to a day of female friendly coaching and advice on Sunday 15th November at the car free Hillingdon cycle circuit.
The aim is to give women of all ages and abilities the knowledge and technical skills to make them comfortable riding a road bike for commuting, training and potentially even racing. The day will include sessions both on and off the bike and there will be an opportunity to meet a range of female friendly experts, who will help you get the most out of your bike and your body:
- Graham MacNamee, aka ŒMac, a British Cycling coach, will run the on bike sessions.
- Be the first to demo a new 2010 women specific Trek bike from their range and enjoy a short session on essential bike maintenance.
- CycleFit will provide free mini consultations to check your position and give you advice to improve your ride comfort and efficiency.
- Ruth Mordaunt, personal trainer and sports masseuse, will lead a core body strength master class and will offer sports massage on the day.
- Lynn Clay, a fully qualified sports scientist, will offer nutrition advice for health and fitness.
Sunday 15th November at Hillingdon Cycle Circuit in west London from 9.30am to 4.30pm, costs £25 to include a healthy lunch, and afternoon tea, limited places so book in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The day is sponsored by Trek and BikeEnvy, a new online women's cycling magazine due to launch this winter. BikeEnvy is being created by bike journo Bex Hopkins and road and track cyclist Janet Birkmyre. To see more, please follow the link at right.