Meeting times: Next Meeting: Monday, 3 November, 8pm
Meeting location: Trinity Church Halls, Sutton, SM1 1DZ (entrance on Hill Road) continuing in the Moon on the Hill pub (next door)
Welcome to Get Sutton Cycling. We are the local branch of the London Cycling Campaign in Sutton.
Please join our mailing list to keep up to date with local cycling news, events and updates!
What do we do?
- We represent the London Cycling Campaign locally, and our aim is to help make Sutton one of London’s exemplary cycling boroughs.
- To achieve this we are focussed on improving cycling infrastructure in Sutton.
- We want to make things better for people that cycle now, but also, importantly, for those who would like to cycle but are currently put off. Our ambition is to take forward and build on the Space for Cycling campaign, so that cycling is seen as a stress-free transport option for everyone.
- We will highlight problems faced by cyclists (or would-be cyclists) to Sutton Council, TfL and any other relevant bodies, with the aim of getting the situation improved.
- We will scrutinise proposed cycling schemes to ensure that they will be an actual benefit to cycling as a mode of transport and a good use of tax payers’ money.
- We will keep in touch with developments in other London boroughs to make sure Sutton does not get left even further behind.
- Other groups do a good job of organising rides (and we may do this on occasions) or try to change society through cycling - we feel this will happen when the infrastructure makes it possible.
If you are passionate about improving the state of cycling in Sutton, whether an LCC member or not, this is the place for you. Let's Get Sutton Cycling!