Dr Bike's summer surgery in the Royal Parks
It’s free, it’s useful, it encourages more cyclists to cycle more often!
This feedback from a cyclist having her chainguard repaired was just one of many compliments received at last year's popular Dr Bike events in the Royal Parks. For Bike Week 2014 Westminster Cycling Campaign have again be worked with the Royal Parks to organise one of the largest series of Dr Bike events in London:
- Dr Bike at Hyde Park on Mon 16 Jun 2014
- Dr Bike at Kensington Gardens on Tues 17 Jun 2014
- Dr Bike and Exchanging Places (bike/lorry) at Greenwich Park on Wed 18 Jun 2014
- Dr Bike and Exchanging Places (bike/lorry) at Regent's Park on Thurs 19 Jun 2014
- Dr Bike at Brompton Cemetery on Fri 20 Jun 2014
- Dr Bike and Exchanging Places (bike/lorry) at Richmond Park on Sat 21 Jun 2014
These events will help cyclists to keep their bikes on the road this summer by offering:
- Dr Bike: Free cycle safety check and maintenance advice.
- Cycle security marking: Get your bike registered by the Metropolitan Police to deter thieves and help police and retailers identify stolen bikes.
- 'Exchanging Places' (at Greenwich, Regent's and Richmond): Enabling cyclists to experience a HGV driver's view of the road and get a better understanding of the blind spots around the vehicle. This raises awareness of the dangers of collisions between cyclists and trucks. http://youtu.be/UN7mJR64tvs
- Cycling information: Free maps, leaflets and advice, including information about considerate cycling in the Royal Parks. This is also an opportunity for cyclists to find out more about LCC.
Exchanging Places in Regent's Park photo by Philip Benstead @ cycling4ALL
This post was edited by Westminster Cycling Campaign at 10:43pm 16 August 2014.