Top 40 issues list issued to Kingston Council
Kingston Cycling Campaign has provided a prioritised list of 40 issues and potential schemes to Kingston Council. Some of the problems we have identified are on roads managed by TfL, so we'll be sharing the list with them and looking for a response from them too.
Happily, Kingston Council was keen to know what we are concerned about so that this can inform their bid for funding. Therefore we're really hopeful the problems we've identified can be solved in the not too distant future.
The top 10 issues are listed below.
1. Ace of Spades roundabout (TfL) - improved A3 crossing
2. Review safety of cyclists at mini-roundabouts
3. A243 Hook Road/ Leatherhead Road (TfL) - provide off-carriageway cycling
4. Fountain roundabout New Malden - improvements for cyclists
5. Skerne Road/ Down Hall Road - complete the cycle route
6. A2043 Kingston Road - correct road markings on the approach to the Fountain roundabout
7. Fairfield (park) - Provide cycle path beside pedestrian path
8. Clarence Street near Thames Street - more cycle stands near TK Maxx
9. A240 Kingston Road by Tolworth Station - connect existing off-road tracks to Tolworth Broadway
10. A307 Portsmouth Road - make cycle lane continuous