Westminster Cycling Campaign elections 2013/14

LCC Westminster web site »

LCC Westminster discussions index »

Westminster Cycling Campaign is the local group of London Cycling Campaign. Our aims are to:

- encourage people to cycle
- improve conditions for cycling
- raise the profile of cycling

We encourage anyone who cycles in the City of Westminster to join us at our meetings and have their say on the issues that affect them and other cyclists. Our group is run democratically and the Governance section of our constitution explains that:

15. An Annual Meeting (AM) will be held between April and June every year and shall be the governing body of Westminster Cycling Campaign.
16. Day-to-day management of Westminster Cycling Campaign shall be by a Management Committee (MC), comprising not more than ten members.
17. All persons on the MC must be members of the LCC.
18. The MC will meet and conduct business as necessary or as directed by the Annual Meeting.
19. Election to the MC for a period of one year shall take place at the Annual Meeting by secret ballot by WCC members attending the Annual Meeting.
20. Candidates for membership of the WCC Management Committee and/or one of the specified roles within it may be nominated by any member and must be seconded by at least one other WCC member.
21. Nominations must reach the Secretary at least one week before the AM to qualify for the ballot/election.
22. The MC shall comprise at least three people, in the following roles:
 - Borough Co-ordinator or Chair: executive officer of Westminster Cycling Campaign.
 - Treasurer: responsible for the finances of Westminster Cycling Campaign. The Treasurer will keep accounts to recognised standards and under regulations set by the LCC. The Treasurer will prepare and present the accounts for the preceding financial year to the Annual Meeting for approval.
 - Secretary: keeps a record of decisions reached at any official meeting as directed by the Westminster Cycling Campaign Management Committee or Annual Meeting and shall be responsible for convening all meetings.

Our Annual Meeting will be held at our 08 April 2013 meeting. I will be accepting nominations for the 2013/14 Management Committee (MC) at our meeting on 11 February 2013 and via replies to this forum post.

Dominic Fee, Secretary
Westminster Cycling Campaign: the local group of the London Cycling Campaign

This post was edited by dominicfee at 11:32am 21 May 2013.

Replies

At the Westminster Cycling Campaign meeting on 11 February 2013 the following nominations for the 2013/14 Management Committee were received:

- Colin Wing for Borough Co-ordinator or Chair, seconded by Dave Cripps

- Rupert Gardner for Treasurer, seconded by Colin Wing

- Dominic Fee for Secretary, seconded by Philip Benstead

I will continue accepting nominations via replies to this forum post until one week before our Annual Meeting which will be held at our 08 April 2013 meeting.

Dominic Fee, Secretary, Westminster Cycling Campaign

This post was edited by dominicfee at 3:43pm 16 March 2013.

I have received another nomination for the 2013/14 Management Committee:

- Philip Benstead for Events Organiser, seconded by Colin Wing

Events Organiser is a new role and I will take steps to ensure that others who may wish to nominate themselves for this role are given the opportunity to do so.

I will continue accepting nominations via replies to this forum post until one week before our Annual Meeting which will be held at our 08 April 2013 meeting.

At the Westminster Cycling Campaign Annual Meeting on 08 April 2013 the following elections to the Management Committee were made by ballot:

- Borough Co-ordinator or Chair: Colin Wing

- Treasurer: Rupert Gardner

- Secretary: Dominic Fee

- Events Organiser: Philip Benstead

Post a reply

Sign in to post a reply.