Westminster Cycling Campaign elections 2014/15
Westminster Cycling Campaign is the local group of the London Cycling Campaign. Our group is open to any London Cycling Campaign member who lives, works, studies or cycles in the City of Westminster. The majority of our 270 members are Westminster residents. When we write to our local councillors, we are writing to Westminster's councillors. Our aims are to encourage people to cycle, improve conditions for cycling and raise the profile of cycling.
Our group is run democratically and the Governance section of our constitution explains that:
15. An Annual Meeting (AM) will be held between April and June every year and shall be the governing body of Westminster Cycling Campaign.
16. Day-to-day management of Westminster Cycling Campaign shall be by a Management Committee (MC), comprising not more than ten members.
17. All persons on the MC must be members of the LCC.
18. The MC will meet and conduct business as necessary or as directed by the Annual Meeting.
19. Election to the MC for a period of one year shall take place at the Annual Meeting by secret ballot by WCC members attending the Annual Meeting.
20. Candidates for membership of the WCC Management Committee and/or one of the specified roles within it may be nominated by any member and must be seconded by at least one other WCC member.
21. Nominations must reach the Secretary at least one week before the AM to qualify for the ballot/election.
22. The MC shall comprise at least three people, in the following roles:
a. Borough Co-ordinator or Chair: executive officer of Westminster Cycling Campaign.
b. Treasurer: responsible for the finances of Westminster Cycling Campaign. The Treasurer will keep accounts to recognised standards and under regulations set by the LCC. The Treasurer will prepare and present the accounts for the preceding financial year to the Annual Meeting for approval.
c. Secretary: keeps a record of decisions reached at any official meeting as directed by the Westminster Cycling Campaign Management Committee or Annual Meeting and shall be responsible for convening all meetings.
Additionally our Management Committee includes the role of Events Organiser.
Our Annual Meeting (AM) will be held at our Mon 07 Apr 2014 meeting. I will be accepting nominations for the Management Committee 2014/15 until one week before the AM, including via email to Westminster@LCC.org.uk and via replies to this forum post.
I thank everyone who has contributed their time and effort in 2013/14. I encourage anyone who cycles in the City of Westminster to join us at our meetings to have their say on the issues that affect them and other cyclists.
Secretary, Westminster Cycling Campaign
The local group of the London Cycling Campaign
This post was edited by Westminster Cycling Campaign at 7:56pm 10 April 2014.