A day of led cycle rides and activities to help your family get cycling this Spring.
You will be able to take part in one of eight led cycle rides along the Thames Path. The routes are mostly flat and traffic free routes, perfect for families and new beginners.
- The shorter 30-minute route will leave at 12.30pm, 1.30pm, 2.30pm and 3.30pm.
- The longer 45-minute route will leave at 12 noon, 1pm, 2pm and 3pm.
All rides will start and end at the Woolwich Arsenal Pier in Royal Arsenal, Woolwich.
Secure your place in a ride
- Please state the name, address and age of all participants in an email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can also call 020 8921 3359 to book a place.
You will be asked to sign an agreement on the day to confirm that your bike is fit for purpose and that you agree to follow instructions of the ride leaders at all times. Participants under 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult. Participants between 12 and 18 years can cycle on their own, but their parent or guardian must sign a consent form on the day.
Other activities on the day
As well as the cycle rides, there will be other cycle related entertainment near the Woolwich Arsenal Pier, where you can:
- try out the Smoothie bike to pedal yourself a Smoothie
- take part in the Pedal Powered Scalextric
- find out about how to maintain your bike from the Dr Bike service
- take part in the Limited Edition Cyclists cycling skills course and slow bike race
- get your bike security marked by the Metropolitan Police
- find out how you can get cycling to work and get your own personalised route plan
- find out about cycle training in the borough.
Come along and get involved!