Newham cyclists April Meeting
The next meeting will take place in the upstairs room at CoffeE7 (corner of Woodgrange and Sebert Rds in Forest Gate) at 7.00pm on 28 April.
As usual lots of business, mostly following up last month's annual meeting. In addition to any matter anyone would like to raise the draft agenda so far includes:
- An update on the Space for cycling campaign. There will be available campaign material for those who could use it. We are also contemplating a presence at the Forest Gate market on 18 May. Volunteers would be need to man the stall.
- The contents of a publicity leaflet.
- A feeder ride to the LCC central London Ride on 17 May. We are contemplating joining with Tower Hamlets, but we can consider where we start from in Newham and the best route to Mile End. Volunteers are needed to run rides from deeper in the borough to Stratford or another meeting point.
- A stall and Dr Bike at the Forest Gate Festival to publicise the group and pursue Space for Cycling.
- Our ride programme. We need to decide whether to run an autumn Newham Ride and another jaunt to Rainham Marshes (which we did in October last year). Do we want to form a group for other rides such as the London to Brighton nocturne (12/13 July) London to Southend (20 July) or London to Cambridge (27 July) rides. As a date for your diaries there will be a ride to Mundon in Essex on 24 August.
- Bill will be able to give the lowdown on our finances and will be seeking views on the purchase of a pop up banner.