Westminster Cycling Campaign meeting 2014
The minutes of this meeting can be found here: http://lcc.org.uk/uploads/8502
Cleveland Arms, 28 Chilworth Street, W2 6DT
1. Introductions and apologies for absence
2. Westminster Cycling Campaign Annual Meeting 2014:
- Declarations of interests
- Minutes of Annual Meeting 2013
- Chair / Borough Coordinator's report
- Treasurer's report
- Management Committee 2014/15 elections
3. LCC campaigns: Space For Cycling launch on Mon 07 April 2014, Big Ride on Sat 17 May 2014, Westminster City Council elections on Thurs 22 May 2014
4. Forthcoming event and rides:
- Urban Exploration: NW London ride on Sun 06 Apr 2014
- Urban Exploration: SE London ride on Sun 27 Apr 2014
- Big Ride on Sat 17 May 2014
- The Great Descents of Surrey ride on Sat 24 May 2014
- Rural Retreats: Surrey Hills ride on Sun 25 May 2014
- Open Garden Squares Weekend ride 1 on Sat 14 Jun 2014
- Open Garden Squares Weekend ride 2 on Sun 15 Jun 2014
- Bike Week Sat 14 to Sun 22 Jun 2014
- Rural Retreats: Dungeness ride on Sat 28 Jun 2014
5. Any other business
Do you cycle in the City of Westminster?
Join us at our meetings to have your say on the issues that affect you and other cyclists.
Who are we?
Westminster Cycling Campaign is the local group of the London Cycling Campaign. Our group is open to any London Cycling Campaign member who lives, works, studies or cycles in the City of Westminster. The majority of our 270 members are Westminster residents. When we write to our local councillors, we are writing to Westminster's councillors.
What are our aims?
- Encourage people to cycle
- Improve conditions for cycling
- Raise the profile of cycling
What do we do?
- Respond to consultations on proposals such as highway, parks or canal improvements
- Raise issues that affect cyclists and suggest where improvements can be made
- Work with authorities including Westminster City Council, Transport for London, the Royal Parks and the Canal & River Trust
- Organise events such as led cycle rides and Dr Bike events with cycle mechanics, maps and leaflets
- Encourage considerate cycling
How are we organised?
- Our group is led by a Management Committee, elected at our Annual Meeting.
- We have six meetings each year. We meet at 7pm in the back room of the Cleveland Arms, 28 Chilworth Street, W2 6DT. Food, alcoholic and soft drinks will be available.
Nominations for the Management Committee (MC) must reach the Secretary at least one week before the AM to qualify for the ballot/election.