Westminster Cycling Campaign meeting on Mon 08 Apr 2013
Cleveland Arms, 28 Chilworth Street, W2 6DT
1. Introductions and cycling experiences
2. Apologies for absence
3. Declarations of interests
4. Minutes of Annual Meeting 2012
5. Chair / Borough Coordinator's report
6. Treasurer's report
7. Management Committee elections 2013/14
8. Relationship with Westminster City Council
9. Relationship with London Cycling Campaign
11. Events and rides:
- Exchanging Places & Dr Bike in Regent's Park on Fri 12 Apr
- Dr Bike at Marylebone Station on Thurs 18 Apr
12. Kensington & Chelsea
13. Any other business
14. Date of next meeting
Do you cycle in the City of Westminster?
Join us at our meetings to have your say on the issues that affect you and other cyclists.
Who are we?
Westminster Cycling Campaign is the local group of the London Cycling Campaign. Our group is open to any London Cycling Campaign member who lives, works, studies or cycles in the City of Westminster. The majority of our 270 members are Westminster residents. When we write to our local councillors, we are writing to Westminster's councillors.
What are our aims?
- Encourage people to cycle
- Improve conditions for cycling
- Raise the profile of cycling
What do we do?
- Respond to consultations on proposals such as highway, parks or canal improvements
- Raise issues that affect cyclists and suggest where improvements can be made
- Work with authorities including Westminster City Council, Transport for London, the Royal Parks and the Canal & River Trust
- Organise events such as led cycle rides and Dr Bike events with cycle mechanics, maps and leaflets
- Encourage considerate cycling
How are we organised?
- Our group is led by a Management Committee, elected at our Annual Meeting.
- We have six meetings each year. We meet at 7pm in the back room of the Cleveland Arms, 28 Chilworth Street, W2 6DT. Food, alcoholic and soft drinks will be available.
Nominations for the Management Committee (MC) must reach the Secretary at least one week before the AM to qualify for the ballot/election.