Westminster Cycling Campaign meeting on Mon 09 Jun 2014
Do you cycle in the City of Westminster?
Join us at our meetings to have your say on the issues that affect you and other cyclists.
Who are we?
Westminster Cycling Campaign is the local group of the London Cycling Campaign. Our group is open to any London Cycling Campaign member who lives, works, studies or cycles in the City of Westminster. The majority of our 270 members are Westminster residents. When we write to our local councillors, we are writing to Westminster's councillors.
What are our aims?
- Encourage people to cycle
- Improve conditions for cycling
- Raise the profile of cycling
What do we do?
- Respond to consultations on proposals such as highway, parks or canal improvements
- Raise issues that affect cyclists and suggest where improvements can be made
- Work with authorities including Westminster City Council, Transport for London, the Royal Parks and the Canal & River Trust
- Organise events such as led cycle rides and Dr Bike events with cycle mechanics, maps and leaflets
- Encourage considerate cycling
How are we organised?
Our group is led by a Management Committee, elected at our Annual Meeting.
We have six meetings each year. We meet at 7pm at the Leinster Arms, 17 Leinster Terrace, W2 3EU - please note change of venue. Food, alcoholic and soft drinks are available.
1. Introductions and apologies for absence
2. Results of the Space for Cycling Campaign
3. Feedback to LCC regarding the Space for Cycling Campaign
4. Working with the newly elected Council
5. Delamere Terrace and Blomfield Road
6. Road surfaces
7. Cycle parking
8. Forthcoming event and rides:
- Open Garden Squares Weekend ride 1 on Sat 14 Jun 2014
- Open Garden Squares Weekend ride 2 on Sun 15 Jun 2014
- Dr Bike at Hyde Park on Mon 16 Jun 2014
- Dr Bike at Kensington Gardens on Tues 17 Jun 2014
- Dr Bike and Exchanging Places (bike/lorry) at Greenwich Park on Wed 18 Jun 2014
- Dr Bike and Exchanging Places (bike/lorry) at Regent's Park on Thurs 19 Jun 2014
- Dr Bike and Exchanging Places (bike/lorry) at Brompton Cemetery on Fri 20 Jun 2014
- Dr Bike and Exchanging Places (bike/lorry) at Richmond Park on Sat 21 Jun 2014
- Rural Retreats: Dungeness ride on Sat 28 Jun 2014
- Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park plus even more parks ride on Sat 26 Jul 2014
- Ride London 'Big Ride' on 09 Aug 2014 - including feeder ride?
- Windsor Great Park on Sat 30 Aug 2014
- Little Green Ride in Hertfordshire on Sun 21 Sep 2014 (repeats 3rd Sun of every month)
- Waterlink Way and River Wandle ride on Sun 05 Oct 2014
9. Any other business
This post was edited by Westminster Cycling Campaign at 07:51pm 30 Sep 2014.