Westminster Cycling Campaign meeting on Mon 10 Feb 2014
Do you cycle in the City of Westminster?
Join us at our meetings to have your say on the issues that affect you and other cyclists.
Who are we?
Westminster Cycling Campaign is the local group of the London Cycling Campaign. Our group is open to any London Cycling Campaign member who lives, works, studies or cycles in the City of Westminster. The majority of our 270 members are Westminster residents. When we write to our local councillors, we are writing to Westminster's councillors.
What are our aims?
- Encourage people to cycle
- Improve conditions for cycling
- Raise the profile of cycling
What do we do?
- Respond to consultations on proposals such as highway, parks or canal improvements
- Raise issues that affect cyclists and suggest where improvements can be made
- Work with authorities including Westminster City Council, Transport for London, the Royal Parks and the Canal & River Trust
- Organise events such as led cycle rides and Dr Bike events with cycle mechanics, maps and leaflets
- Encourage considerate cycling
How are we organised?
Our group is led by a Management Committee, elected at our annual meeting.
We have six meetings each year. We meet at 7pm in the back room of the Cleveland Arms, 28 Chilworth Street, W2 6DT. Food, alcoholic and soft drinks are available.
1. Introductions and apologies for absence
2. Local elections on 22 May 2014: Agreeing the 'asks' for each of Westminster's 20 wards:
- Maida Vale
- Abbey Road
- Regent's Park
- Church Street
- Little Venice
- Queen's Park
- Harrow Road
- Lancaster Gate (n.b. LG gyratory is in Hyde Park ward)
- Hyde Park (includes Paddington Station)
- Knightsbridge & Belgravia
- Warwick (includes Victoria Station)
- Vincent Square
- Bryanston & Dorset Square (includes Marylebone Station)
- Marylebone High Street
- West End
- St James's (includes Charing Cross Station)
3. Forthcoming event and rides:
- Canals, Parks and Villages of Southwark Ride on Sun 23 Feb 2014
- Dr Bike and Exchanging Places (bike/lorry) at Regent's Park on Tues 01 Apr 2014
- Bike Week Sat 14 to Sun 22 Jun 2014
4. Forthcoming Westminster Cycling Campaign Annual Meeting 2014:
- Agree date of AM 2014 (Requires 2 weeks' notice)
- Any proposed changes to constitution? (Requires 3 weeks' notice before AM)
- Any changes to Management Committee positions?
- Nominations for Management Committee 2014 (Requires 1 week's notice before AM)
5. Any other business
This post was edited by Westminster Cycling Campaign at 07:32pm 16 Feb 2014.