Westminster Cycling Campaign meeting on Mon 11 Aug 2014
Do you cycle in the City of Westminster?
Join us at our meetings to have your say on the issues that affect you and other cyclists.
Who are we?
Westminster Cycling Campaign is the local group of the London Cycling Campaign. Our group is open to any London Cycling Campaign member who lives, works, studies or cycles in the City of Westminster. The majority of our 270 members are Westminster residents. When we write to our local councillors, we are writing to Westminster's councillors.
What are our aims?
- Encourage people to cycle
- Improve conditions for cycling
- Raise the profile of cycling
What do we do?
- Respond to consultations on proposals such as highway, parks or canal improvements
- Raise issues that affect cyclists and suggest where improvements can be made
- Work with authorities including Westminster City Council, Transport for London, the Royal Parks and the Canal & River Trust
- Organise events such as led cycle rides and Dr Bike events with cycle mechanics, maps and leaflets
- Encourage considerate cycling
How are we organised?
Our group is led by a Management Committee, elected at our Annual Meeting.
We have six meetings each year. We meet at 7pm in the back room of the Cleveland Arms, 28 Chilworth Street, W2 6DT. Food, alcoholic and soft drinks are available.
Agenda to include:
Aftermath of Space for Cycling:
- Churchill Ward: Lupus Street
- Hyde Park Ward: Lancaster Gate
- Regent's Park Ward: Outer Circle
- Maida Vale Ward: Elgin Avenue
- Vincent Square Ward: Vincent Square
- Westbourne Ward: Delamere Terrace
- Cycle Superhighway 5: Vauxhall - Belgrave Square
- Safety measures for lorries
- Transport and Movement in Westminster
This post was edited by Westminster Cycling Campaign at 07:07pm 05 Aug 2014.