Westminster Cycling Campaign meeting on Mon 12 Aug 2013
Do you cycle in the City of Westminster?
Join us at our meetings to have your say on the issues that affect you and other cyclists.
Who are we?
Westminster Cycling Campaign is the local group of the London Cycling Campaign. Our group is open to any London Cycling Campaign member who lives, works, studies or cycles in the City of Westminster. The majority of our 270 members are Westminster residents. When we write to our local councillors, we are writing to Westminster's councillors.
What are our aims?
- Encourage people to cycle
- Improve conditions for cycling
- Raise the profile of cycling
What do we do?
- Respond to consultations on proposals such as highway, parks or canal improvements
- Raise issues that affect cyclists and suggest where improvements can be made
- Work with authorities including Westminster City Council, Transport for London, the Royal Parks and the Canal & River Trust
- Organize events such as led cycle rides and Dr Bike events with cycle mechanics, maps and leaflets
- Encourage considerate cycling
How are we organized?
Our group is led by an elected Management Committee. We meet six times each year. Our next meeting is at 7:00pm on Monday 12 August 2013 in a room at the rear of the Cleveland Arms, 28 Chilworth Street, W2 6DT. Food, alcoholic and soft drinks are available.
1. Introductions and apologies for absence
2. LCC campaigns: AGM, Westminster City Council elections 2014, Space for Cycling protest ride on Mon 02 Sep 2013
3. Haymarket and Lower Regent Street
5. The West End: Living Streets, Oxford Street, Regent Street
6. Canal & River Trust briefing: Prince Albert Road ramp, Paddington Basin 'no cycling' signs
7. Cycle counts
8. Forthcoming event and rides:
- Car-free Surrey ride on Sat 17 Aug 2013
- Circumnavigation ride on Sun 01 Sep 2013
- LCC Space for Cycling protest ride on Mon 02 Sep 2013
- Dr Bike at Hyde Park on Mon 16 Sep 2013
- Dr Bike at Kensington Gardens on Mon 16 Sep 2013
- Dr Bike at Hyde Park on Tues 17 Sep 2013
- Dr Bike at Greenwich Park on Wed 18 Sep 2013
- Dr Bike at Regent's Park on Thurs 19 Sep 2013
- Dr Bike at Green Park on Fri 20 Sep 2013
- Dr Bike at Kensington Gardens on Sat 21 Sep 2013
- Dr Bike at Kensington Gardens on Mon 23 Sep 2013
- Dr Bike at Kensington Gardens on Wed 25 Sep 2013
- Docks and Ducks ride on Sat 19 Oct 2013
- Parks of East London ride on Sat 26 Oct 2013
- Best of Westminster ride on date TBC
9. Quick update on other live issues: Crossrail cycle carriage policy, Harrow Road crossings to Paddington Green, Queensway, St Augustine's Sports Centre, Westminster draft Cycling Strategy
10. Any other business
This post was edited by Westminster Cycling Campaign at 04:43pm 14 Aug 2013.