Westminster Cycling Campaign meeting on Mon 14 Oct 2013
Do you cycle in the City of Westminster?
Join us at our meetings to have your say on the issues that affect you and other cyclists.
Who are we?
Westminster Cycling Campaign is the local group of the London Cycling Campaign. Our group is open to any London Cycling Campaign member who lives, works, studies or cycles in the City of Westminster. The majority of our 270 members are Westminster residents. When we write to our local councillors, we are writing to Westminster's councillors.
What are our aims?
- Encourage people to cycle
- Improve conditions for cycling
- Raise the profile of cycling
What do we do?
- Respond to consultations on proposals such as highway, parks or canal improvements
- Raise issues that affect cyclists and suggest where improvements can be made
- Work with authorities including Westminster City Council, Transport for London, the Royal Parks and the Canal & River Trust
- Organize events such as led cycle rides and Dr Bike events with cycle mechanics, maps and leaflets
- Encourage considerate cycling
How are we organized?
Our group is led by a Management Committee, elected at our annual meeting.
We meet six times each year. We usually meet at 7pm at the rear of the Cleveland Arms, 28 Chilworth Street, W2 6DT. Food, alcoholic and soft drinks are available.
1. Introductions and apologies for absence
2. LCC campaigns: AGM on Sat 19 Oct 2013, Westminster City Council elections 2014
3. Westminster City Council Cycling Strategy, Cycle Superhighways and Quietways
4. Safer Lorry Charge and Out-of-Hours Delivery Trials
5. Royal Parks
6. Forthcoming event and rides:
7. Quick update on other live issues: Crossrail cycle carriage policy, Harrow Road crossings to Paddington Green
8. Any other business
This post was edited by Westminster Cycling Campaign at 06:38pm 12 Oct 2013.