The Community Cycling Fund for London (CCFL) is supported by Transport for London and administered by London Cycling Campaign. The fund works with community based projects that enable people of all ages and backgrounds to experience the benefits of cycling.
The grants programme focuses on establishing successful sustainable projects and strenghening community groups' capacity for continued development. It promotes skill-sharing and partnership working with more experienced organisations to devise projects that are unique to the needs of the intended beneficiaries.
2014 CCFL Grants funding round open from Monday 22nd of September to Monday 6th of October 2014.
Community cycling grants will be on offer to community groups and not for profit organisations across the capital that will work to build the confidence of infrequent or new cyclists from all types of backgrounds – especially groups such as women, children, young people and disabled people.
Applicants will need to show that they are able to provide access to cycling to hard to reach groups where cycling is limited by income, equipment, health, ability, skills or information.
Organisations can apply for:
- A grant of up to £5,000 (if you have not previously received a CCFL grant)
- A grant of up to £3,000 (if you have not previously received a CCFL grant)
- A ‘top up’ grant of £1,000 (this is open to previous CCFL grants recipients)
To apply for funding download and complete the funding application and reference request forms below:
- 2014 CCFL Grants Application pack to be submitted by 10am on Monday 6th of October 2014
- 2014 CCFL Grants Reference Request Form to be submitted by your referee by 10am on Monday 6th of October 2014
Please, make sure you are using the last version of Adobe Reader to complete the application. Failing to do so may result in the changes you make being lost. You can download Adobe Reader for free here.
If you have problems completing your form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you.
The following resources have been designed to support community cycling projects with the design of their projects and their funding applications:
- Success stories of previously funded projects.
- The Community Cycling Toolkit with information and tips on how to run a community cycling project.
- Personal accounts of how to set up a community cycling project by Jenny Gwiazdowski, from the Award winning London Bike Kitchen and Sarah Hammond from Artspokes.
- Map of community cycling projects in London.
- For a full list of the 2013 awarded projects click here.
For more information you can contact the Grants Officer, or in her absence a member of the Cycling Projects Team on 020 7234 9310 or via email@example.com.