From 1 April 2011, LCC have been able to collect Gift Aid on membership subscriptions as well as donations.
By making a Gift Aid declaration you could increase the value of your membership subscription to LCC by up to £9, at no cost to yourself.
Making the declaration is simple. Either:
- Complete the online form
- Download a paper form
- Call the Membership Team on 020 7234 9310 and make a declaration over the phone.
Please note the following terms of the Gift Aid Scheme:
You must have paid or will pay an amount of Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax for each tax year (6 April to 5 April) that is at least equal to the amount of tax that all the charities or Community Amateur Sports Clubs (CASCs) that you donate to will reclaim on their gifts for that tax year. Other taxes such as VAT and Council Tax do not qualify.
You may cancel your Gift Aid declaration in writing within 30 days of the date of your letter
You must notify the charity if you:
1. Want to cancel this declaration.
2. Change your name or home address.
3. No longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains.
Tax claimed by the charity
• The charity will reclaim 28p of tax on every £1 you gave up to 5 April 2008.
• The charity will reclaim 25p of tax on every £1 you give on or after 6 April 2008.
• The Government will pay to the charity an additional 3p on every £1 you give between 6 April 2008 and 5 April 2011. This transitional relief for the charity does not affect your personal tax position.
If you pay income tax at the higher rate, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self Assessment tax return if you want to receive the additional tax relief due to you.