We’re looking for a friendly and outgoing volunteer to assist our Membership Team, by helping them ensure our members and supporters receive the best service possible.
Ideally volunteers will be able to offer 6 hours per week on a Tuesday. The role will include instruction on our internal databases and systems so volunteers are asked, if possible, to volunteer for a minimum of three months.
- Assisting the Membership Team with updating and maintaining CiviCRM and Engaging Networks databases
- Data entry, maintaining and updating member information and records
- Assisting with member communications including monthly mail outs and responding to emails and phone queries from members and supporters
- Contacting members directly when required
- Assisting with other tasks as and when they arise.
- Good basic computer skills, with knowledge of Excel
- Good organisational skills
- A clear, friendly and confident telephone manner
- A good standard of English, written and verbal
- Attention to detail
- An ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to maintain LCC member and supporter confidentiality
It helps to have a sense of humour, and to be flexible in your approach to work as this role can be quite varied. The ability to work with a range of people is helpful
- No formal training is given for this role; however full support will be given to help volunteers
- Join a team of friendly, like-minded people. An interest in cycling would be nice but is not essential!
- Opportunity to learn new skills
- Database training
- Free lunch if volunteering (for a 6 hour day)
- Travel expenses will be reimbursed for volunteers on their volunteering day (up to the value of a 1 day Travel card zones 1-6)
- A current employment reference
If you're able to help, we would love to hear from you. Please email a brief CV outlining your skills and why you would like to volunteer for LCC to Matthew Dunton email@example.com