Space for Cycling 2014
Our Space for Cycling campaign aims to improve quality of life for all, by making local streets safe and inviting for everyone to cycle.
In 2014, ahead of the local council elections in May, we called on every candidate to support safer cycling in their area and asked them to back a specific local improvement identified by our local groups. 50% of candidates agreed to do this, which translated to 47% of Councillors who were elected. That's a huge, 862 Councillors who support Space for Cycling! Read more
We're now working hard to make sure those promises are kept.
SIGN THE PETITION calling on council's to keep their promises.
The local cycle improvements we're calling for in each electoral ward in London can be veiwed on our interactive campaign map. The improvements range from making sure there are safe cycle routes to a named local school to installing a physically protected cycle lane on a named major road. Most of the suggested measures fall in one of these 6 categories:
- lowering vehicle speeds
- removing through motor traffic on minor/residential streets
- installing physically protected space for cycling on main roads
- opening up our green areas for cycling
- creating safe cycle routes to schools
- improving London's town centres to make them easier to visit by bike
Find out how you can Get Involved in the campaign