Freecycle Volunteers 2018
- By CPManager on at 3:58pm 18 June 2018
- Posted in: News and blogs
- Tagged with: cycling, freecycle, fitness
Ride marshal volunteers wanted for Freecycle Feeder rides
The Prudential RideLondon Freecycle is on Saturday 28th July and London Cycling Campaign are running a ride from every London borough into the event, and back home again. These rides escort families and those less confident at cycling on London’s busy roads into the event at a relaxed pace. Once into the Freecycle route, participants enjoy a motor-traffic free route around Central London.
We need volunteers to help marshal rides – you will work as part of a team of local LCC group members, cycle trainers and volunteers. The rides start between 08.30 and 10.00 and typically get into the event for about 11.00. The return rides depart at 15.00 back towards the start point in each borough.
What we are looking for:-
- Experienced cyclists who are used to cycling in groups. This could be as part of an cycling club or more informal riding.
- You should be confident and friendly and willing to communicate with pedestrians and car drivers whilst cycling alongside less experienced riders.
- Your cycling skills should be at or above Bikeability Level 3 (click through to view a summary of the skills outlined).
We are offering evening training courses if you want to build your skill levels and confidence so you can help out: more details here
We are actively looking for cycling clubs or groups of cycling club members to ‘adopt’ a ride from their local area. This is an excellent way to help other cyclists in your local area and link your club into the local community. Ideally you would be able to provide a ride leader, back mark and a few marshals, and work with other marshals from the local community to support a large group of less experienced riders.
Individuals can register to volunteer here
If you are from a cycle club and want to link up your club with a local ride then e-mail us email@example.com