Jingle Bells! Enter our Christmas Card Competition
- By London Cycling Campaign on at 3:33pm 14 October 2014
- Posted in: News and blogs
- Tagged with: london cycling campaign, Christmas Card Competition
London Cycling Campaign is running a Christmas Card competition ahead of the festive season to help raise funds for Space for Cycling and our other important campaigns that help make London better for cyclists. We’re giving people the opportunity to design a greeting card for us that not only captures the spirit of Christmas but also cycling and our passion and love for the bicycle.
Open to anyone, we’d like to receive submissions from all kinds of creative people, from designers and artists to photographers. If you think you have an idea for a card that a fellow cyclist would want to receive this Christmas then we want to hear from you!
There will be two winning designs chosen and then Christmas cards sold featuring these, with all profits going to the London Cycling Campaign. The two winners will not only get to see their design in print with an artist credit, but also be given profile-raising opportunities. They will be promoted across our digital channels including the London Cycling Campaign website and social media platforms and also mentioned in print in the December issue of the London Cyclist magazine. We’ll also give you a little present too and let you pick something from our Christmas shop, filled with gifts perfect for those who prefer to pedal.
As for a brief – there isn’t one! Christmas means something different to everyone, so whether it’s the Queen’s speech or Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer that’s your inspiration for this competition, we don’t mind.
If you don’t already know about London Cycling Campaign, we have been supporting bike riders in the capital 1978. We campaign for better conditions for cyclists and promote cycling across London. Our Space for Cycling campaign was launched because we believe that every Londoner, whatever their age or ability, deserves safe and inviting space for cycling on all of our city's streets. This year, ahead of the Local Elections, we worked hard with our local groups to outline over 600 specific cycling demands. 84,000 emails later in support of the campaign and 45% of candidates promised to create the changes needed on local roads to make cycling safer. Now, as we enter phase 2 we need to make sure that all the councillors who signed up to Space for Cycling deliver on their commitments.
Artwork should be sent in PDF format as a Landscape or Portrait design with the following taken into consideration for the final printed Christmas card:
• Landscape – Bleed area 152mm x 109mm, Trim 148mm x 105mm, Safe area 144mm x 101mm
• Portrait – Bleed area 109mm x 152mm, Trim 105mm x 148mm, Safe area 101mm x 144mm
Attach and send your artwork to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Christmas Card Competition’ in the subject line.
Deadline: Monday 17th November 2014
Terms and Conditions:
By entering this competition you acknowledge and agree to the following terms and conditions:
- London Cycling Campaign (LCC) reserves the right to judge all entries to determine two competition winners. The judges’ decisions are final.
- All entries must be received by the deadline, 11:59pm on Thursday 6th November and sent to email@example.com Late entries will not be considered.
- Only one entry per person; multiple entries will not be accepted.
- By entering you acknowledge that LCC can use your entry and associated material in the promotion of the competition and the Christmas card.
- All Christmas cards will be sold to raise funds for LCC and its campaign work.
- Ownership of the design remains with the artist, with LCC given permission to use and sell the image as outlined.
- Entrants under the age of 18 must have written permission from an adult to enter.
- The two winners will be entitled to choose a free gift from LCC’s online Christmas shop.