London Cycling Awards: just days left to nominate your project
- By London Cycling Campaign on at 9:32am 4 October 2011
- Posted in: News and blogs
- Tagged with: children, community, workplace, event, cycle facility
The London Cycling Awards are our way of recognising cycling best practice, innovation and excellence in the city.
Presented annually since 2003, the current categories are:
- Best Workplace Cycling Initiative
- Community Cycling Project of the Year
- Best New Cycling Facility
- London Cycle Event of the Year
- Local Campaigner of the Year
- Best Project for Children or Young People
In the past, winners have included community events to encourage new cyclists, workplace initiatives to encourage more bike commuters, cycle training for lorry drivers, rides and maintenance workshops for cyclists, night rides, the Cycle Hire scheme, best-practice cycle parking facilities.
How to submit a nomination
- You may submit your own project or that of someone else
- All projects should have been initiated or completed since April 2010
- Nominations should include a brief description (max 1 side of A4) of how the project meets the criteria
- Include photographs, testimonials and/or maps
- Enclose the completed entry form.
- The deadline for nominations is Monday 10 October 2011
Detailed criteria for each Award can be downloaded here.
Send nominations to email@example.com or:
London Cycling Awards 2011
London Cycling Campaign
2 Newhams Row
or fax them to 020 7234 9319
The London Cycling Awards will be presented at our AGM on Wednesday 16 November 2011.