Mini-Holland festival comes to Walthamstow
The opening of Walthamstow's new Mini-Holland scheme is set to be celebrated by local residents at a ribbon-cutting event on Monday September 14th sponsored by the Dutch Embassy and Royal HaskoningDHV.
London Cycling Campaign have championed Mini-Holland schemes in different boroughs across London and believe the official opening of Orford Road's new accessible public spaces represents a huge step forward for cycling in Greater London.
A celebration of the official opening of the Orford Road developments, the daytime event is hosted by LCC in partnership with Walthamstow Council and will showcase Walthamstow as one of London’s leading cycling destinations.
- Official ribbon cutting by Leader of Waltham Forest Council Chris Robbins
- Demonstrations and workshops with London Cycling mechanics
- Music and entertainment
- Bike Try Out Zone (with a range of different bikes to enjoy)
- Local business stands selling food, drink and much more
- LCC and Space for Cycling information stand
- Mini-Holland Programme information point.
Find out more about Walthamstow's Mini-Holland project here or catch up on the latest developments with Enfield's Mini-Holland and Kingston's Mini-Holland.
For more information on the Walthamstow Mini-Holland festival, visit the Enjoy Waltham Forest website.
LCC would like to thank the Dutch Embassy and Royal HaskoningDHV for their sponsorship of the Waltham Forest Mini-Holland Festival and helping to make this celebration of cycling possible.