Take action: get space for cycling on Old Kent Road
- By SimonM on at 12:52pm 20 October 2016
- Posted in: News and blogs, Southwark, Lewisham
- Tagged with: consultations, space4cycling, Old Kent Road, area action plan, AAP, OKR, take acton
- Boroughs: Southwark, Lewisham
Over 2,000 cyclists use the Old Kent Road daily (according to DfT traffic counts). Yet the same road carries 30,000 motor vehicles, including nearly 1,500 HGVs. We, the Southwark Cyclists and Lewisham Cyclists groups are calling for protected space for cycling on the Old Kent Road. And now, there’s an opportunity to get some!
Southwark Council’s Area Action Plan offers the opportunity to comment on transport proposals – and it takes literally one minute to answer one main question (and ideally two others).
One minute action:
- Click here, answer question 13 (and ideally 6 and 11 the same way).
- Say you want (2.5m) wide, protected cycle lanes on each side of the Old Kent Road – and now, not in ten years’ time! Ideally use your own words, rather than copy and-paste these ones.
- Deadline is 4 November. So do it, today, please.
The consultation in full: http://www.southwark.gov.uk/info/856/planning_policy/3112/old_kent_road
The consultation questionnaire: https://consultations.southwark.gov.uk/planning-and-regeneration/old-kent-road-aap/consultation/intro/view/
Southwark Cyclists’ full response and detailed background: http://southwarkcyclists.org.uk/take-action-support-space-for-cycling-on-the-old-kent-road/