Take action: get space for cycling in Stratford
- By SimonM on at 4:26pm 22 November 2016
- Posted in: News and blogs, Newham
- Tagged with: one-way, gyratory, consultation, stratford, better junctions
- Boroughs: Newham
Do you want to see the Stratford gyratory system get segregated cycle tracks with new cycle crossings, calmer two-way traffic, a 20mph speed limit and more? Here’s your opportunity to make it happen!
Newham Council and TfL are consulting on a proposal to transform Stratford town centre for the better. To support them takes one minute. Please answer 3 questions (and ideally a few more).
One minute action:
- Click here, answer strongly agree or agree to questions 1, 3 (first and second points), and 10. Ideally answer the others too.
- If you have time to support London Cycling Campaign and Newham Cyclists' more detailed responses and add comments as well, ask for:
- better protection on CS2 to avoid the risk of vehicles turning across you at junctions (that might get worse because of the proposals)
- junctions, spurs off the gyratory and signals to be designed to ensure comfortable, convenient and safe cycling and walking
- wide (ideally 2.5m) tracks.
Please use your own words, rather than copy and-paste these ones.
Deadline is 28 November. So don’t delay, do it today, please.
The consultation in full is here
LCC’s full response is here
Newham Cyclists' proposed responses to questions are here