Tour de Yorkshire 2016
- By CharlieT on at 4:12pm 2 February 2016
- Posted in: News and blogs
- Tagged with: ride, cycling, challenge, race
Get your guaranteed place in the Maserati Tour de Yorkshire – join Team LCC!
What: 115km sportive
Where: Yorkshire countryside
When: Sunday 1 May 2016
The Maserati Tour de Yorkshire is your chance to take on the same sportive as the pro riders, cycling through beautiful Yorkshire countryside in an event organised by the owners of Tour de France, and the folks at Human Race and Welcome to Yorkshire. You will also finish on the Tour de Yorkshire finish line, in front of the waiting crowds for the pro race!
Former professional road racer, David Millar is Maserati’s cycling ambassador and will be offering participants advice and insights into how best to prepare for the climbs and challenges. Click here to learn more.
London Cycling Campaign has a limited amount of guaranteed places for this event if you would like to ride for Team LCC.
The registration fee is £55 and we expect all our riders to raise a minimum of £450 - but don't worry if this sounds daunting, we will help you along every step of the way and all money raised will help support vital campaigns such as our 2016 mayoral petition Sign for Cycling.
• Same routes, structures and spectators as for the pro race
• Finish on the Tour de Yorkshire finish line, in front of the waiting crowds for the pro race!
• Yorkshire style support through the towns and villages
Event also includes
• Mechanical support – like the pros
• Medical support
• Sweep vehicle for those who cannot complete the route
• Energy products provided at feed stations
• Electronic chip timing
• Results texted to you as you cross the line
• Finisher’s medal