Westminster Cycling Campaign meeting
Location: The Sir John Balcombe, 21 Balcombe Street, Marylebone NW1 6HE – in the quiet downstairs room. Food, alcoholic and soft drinks will be available.
1. Introductions and apologies for absence
2. Recent meeting with Councillor Chalkley
3. Lambeth Bridge proposals
4. Progress with Cycle Superhighways and Quietways
5. Cycle Hangars
6. Forthcoming rides and events – ours and others (for ours see items marked '->' below and http://lcc.org.uk/events):
-> The Great Descents of Kent ride on Saturday 26 August 2017
- Cycle to Work Day on Wednesday 13 September 2017
-> Silver Sunday ride on Sunday 1 October 2017
- LCC AGM & Campaigners' Conference on Thursday 19 October 2017
-> Beyond Metroland ride on Saturday 21 October 2017
- Prudential RideLondon FreeCycle on Saturday 28 July 2018
- Any other events we could link with to gain publicity and participants?
7. Any other business and date of next meeting
Westminster Cycling Campaign is the local group of the London Cycling Campaign. Our group is open to any London Cycling Campaign member who lives, works, studies or cycles in the City of Westminster. We aim to encourage people to cycle, improve conditions for cycling and raise the profile of cycling in Westminster. The majority of our 250 members are Westminster residents. When we write to our local councillors, we are writing to Westminster's councillors. All members are welcome to contribute as much or as little time as they wish. You're welcome to just come to our meetings to listen to what's happening.
We have six meetings each year. We learn more by discussing opinions and proposals together, so please join us to have your say on the issues that affect you. We organise events such as led cycle rides and Dr Bike events with cycle mechanics, maps and leaflets. Please see the LCC website's events list, which we use to record and advertise our events.
We work with authorities including Westminster City Council, Transport for London, the Royal Parks and the Canal & River Trust. Please see Cyclescape, which we use to invite comments, debate opinions and record our consultation responses.
Other news articles and discussions
Please see our Twitter account.
Colin Wing / 020 7828 1500 / email@example.com