Westminster Cycling Campaign meeting
NEW LOCATION: The Carpenters Arms, 12 Seymour Place, Marylebone, London, W1H 7NE – in the quiet upstairs room. Alcoholic drinks, soft drinks and snacks such as crisps and peanuts will be available. Members can also bring their own food.
1. Introductions and apologies for absence
2. Update from meeting with Cycling Champion Councillor Jim Glen
3. Two-way cycling: Panton Street done, Saltram Crescent proposed, Enford Street stalled?
4. Westminster's decisions on Cycle Superhighway 11 and Oxford Street
5. Crossrail's reinstatement of Great Chapel Street and Fareham Street
6. Wild West End Garden on Old Quebec Street
7. The LCC's next campaign
8. Ride safeguarding text for discussion: 'Families welcome. Under 18s must be accompanied by a responsible adult.'
9. Forthcoming rides and events – ours and others (for ours see items marked '->' below and http://lcc.org.uk/events):
-> Prudential RideLondon FreeCycle led ride from Queen's Park Gardens on Saturday 28 July 2018
- Cycle to Work Day on Wednesday 15 August 2018
- The Great Descents of Kent ride on Saturday 25 August 2018
- World Car Free Day on Saturday 22 September 2018
-> Silver Sunday 7 October 2018
- Stop Killing Cyclists 'National Funeral for the Unknown Cyclist' at Westminster on Saturday 13 October 2018
- The Country Estates of West London ride on Saturday 20 October 2018
- Any other events we could link with to gain publicity and participants?
10. Any other business and date of next meeting
We are the local, volunteer group of the London Cycling Campaign. Our group is open to any LCC member who lives, works, studies or cycles in the City of Westminster. We aim to encourage people to cycle, improve conditions for cycling and raise the profile of cycling in Westminster. The majority of our 250 members are Westminster residents. When we write to our local councillors, we are writing to Westminster's councillors. All members are welcome to contribute as much or as little time as they wish. You're welcome to just come to our meetings to listen to what's happening.
We have six meetings each year. We learn more by discussing opinions and proposals together, so please join us to have your say on the issues that affect you. We organise events such as led cycle rides and Dr Bike events with cycle mechanics, maps and leaflets. Please see the LCC website's events list, which we use to record and advertise our events. Do you want to attend our meetings but there's something about the venue or time that doesn't suit you? Please get in touch.
We work with authorities including Westminster City Council, Transport for London, the Royal Parks and the Canal & River Trust. Please see Cyclescape, which we use to invite comments, debate opinions and record our consultation responses.
Please see our Twitter account to keep up to date with the latest local news and discussions. You don’t need your own account to view it.
Colin Wing / 020 7828 1500 / firstname.lastname@example.org