Westminster Cycling Campaign meeting with bike hangars guest speaker
Arrive from 6:30pm if you want more time to talk to our bike hangars guest speaker Lucy Everett from Cyclehoop, as she needs to rush off after her presentation and short Q&A session.
Location: The Sir John Balcombe, 21 Balcombe Street, Marylebone NW1 6HE – in the quiet downstairs room. Food, alcoholic and soft drinks will be available.
We will be joined by guest speaker Lucy Everett from Cyclehoop, which supplies and manages Westminster City Council's secure bike parking hangars. She will present us with facts & figures such as:
- What is a bike hangar?
- Do they require planning consent?
- Where are the existing bike hangars in Westminster (both on-street and off-street)?
- How are they managed and can I apply to rent a space?
- How much does it cost and is it subsidised?
- Where have people suggested new bike hangar locations in Westminster via the Cyclehoop website?
After Lucy's talk, our group will discuss how we can lobby to get a bike hangar on your street. Please join us to find out more.
1. Introductions and apologies for absence
2. Bike hangars guest speaker Lucy Everett from Cyclehoop including a short Q&A session
3. Discussion about how you can lobby for a bike hangar in your street
4. Colin's update from LCC HQ including plans for May 2018 local elections
5. LCC partnership with Ofo dockless bike hire
6. Update on TfL's proposals Harrowby St/Edgware Rd/Burwood Place junction
7. Forthcoming rides and events – ours and others (for ours see items marked '->' below and http://lcc.org.uk/events):
- The Country Estates of Enfield ride on Saturday 21 April 2018
- The Great Descents of Surrey ride on Saturday 26 May 2018
- Bike Week Saturday 9 to Sunday 17 June 2018
- Clean Air Day Thursday 21 June 2018
- Prudential RideLondon FreeCycle on Saturday 28 July 2018
- World Car Free Day Saturday 22 September 2018
- Any other events we could link with to gain publicity and participants?
8. Any points in advance of our next Annual Meeting
9. Any other business and date of next meeting - Monday 30 April 2018?
We are the local, volunteer group of the London Cycling Campaign. Our group is open to any LCC member who lives, works, studies or cycles in the City of Westminster. We aim to encourage people to cycle, improve conditions for cycling and raise the profile of cycling in Westminster. The majority of our 250 members are Westminster residents. When we write to our local councillors, we are writing to Westminster's councillors. All members are welcome to contribute as much or as little time as they wish. You're welcome to just come to our meetings to listen to what's happening.
We have six meetings each year. We learn more by discussing opinions and proposals together, so please join us to have your say on the issues that affect you. We organise events such as led cycle rides and Dr Bike events with cycle mechanics, maps and leaflets. Please see the LCC website's events list, which we use to record and advertise our events.
We work with authorities including Westminster City Council, Transport for London, the Royal Parks and the Canal & River Trust. Please see Cyclescape, which we use to invite comments, debate opinions and record our consultation responses.
Please see our Twitter account to keep up to date with the latest local news and discussions. You don’t need your own account to view it.
Colin Wing / 020 7828 1500 / email@example.com