Westminster Cycling Campaign meeting
Location: The Sir John Balcombe, 21 Balcombe Street, Marylebone NW1 6HE – in the downstairs room. Food, alcoholic and soft drinks will be available.
There is a risk that our venue may be noisier than usual because we're entering Christmas party season, but it's still the best venue we have.
1. Introductions and apologies for absence
2. Oxford Street
3. Bike hangars
4. 20mph speed limit trial and survey: www.westminster.gov.uk/20mph-survey
5. Barriers to volunteering: desire, permission, capability, knowhow
6. News from the Royal Parks
7. Christmas cards list
8. Forthcoming rides and events – ours and others (for ours see items marked '->' below and http://lcc.org.uk/events):
- West End Girls Head East ride on Sunday 10 December 2017 (Westminster Breeze ride for women and children only. To book visit: https://www.letsride.co.uk/groups/westminster-breeze)
-> New Year meal on date TBC
- Villages, Parks and Canals of Southwark ride on Saturday 6 January 2018
- Ssh, it's a Quietway! ride on Saturday 10 February 2018
- Prudential RideLondon FreeCycle on Saturday 28 July 2018
- Any other events we could link with to gain publicity and participants?
9. Any other business and date of next meeting
We are the local, volunteer group of the London Cycling Campaign. Our group is open to any LCC member who lives, works, studies or cycles in the City of Westminster. We aim to encourage people to cycle, improve conditions for cycling and raise the profile of cycling in Westminster. The majority of our 250 members are Westminster residents. When we write to our local councillors, we are writing to Westminster's councillors. All members are welcome to contribute as much or as little time as they wish. You're welcome to just come to our meetings to listen to what's happening.
We have six meetings each year. We learn more by discussing opinions and proposals together, so please join us to have your say on the issues that affect you. We organise events such as led cycle rides and Dr Bike events with cycle mechanics, maps and leaflets. Please see the LCC website's events list, which we use to record and advertise our events.
We work with authorities including Westminster City Council, Transport for London, the Royal Parks and the Canal & River Trust. Please see Cyclescape, which we use to invite comments, debate opinions and record our consultation responses.
Other news articles and discussions
Please see our Twitter account.
Colin Wing / 020 7828 1500 / email@example.com