Westminster Cycling Campaign Annual Meeting
Location: The Sir John Balcombe, 21 Balcombe Street, Marylebone NW1 6HE – in the quiet downstairs room. Food, alcoholic and soft drinks will be available.
1. Introductions and apologies for absence
2. Westminster Cycling Campaign Annual Meeting 2018: (newcomers please note that this part of the meeting is quicker than it sounds)
- Declarations of interests
- Minutes of Annual Meeting 2017
- Chair / Borough Coordinator's report
- Treasurer's report
- Management Committee 2018/19 elections
3. Local elections on Thursday 3 May 2018 and My Liveable London
4. Progress with Quietways and other road schemes
5. Cycle parking stands and hangars
6. Forthcoming rides and events – ours and others (for ours see items marked '->' below and http://lcc.org.uk/events):
- The Great Descents of Surrey ride on Saturday 26 May 2018
-> Open Garden Squares Weekend Ride 1 on Saturday 9 June 2018
-> Open Garden Squares Weekend Ride 2 on Sunday 10 June 2018
- Bike Week Saturday 9 to Sunday 17 June 2018
- Clean Air Day on Thursday 21 June 2018
- Prudential RideLondon FreeCycle on Saturday 28 July 2018
- Cycle to Work Day on Wednesday 15 August 2018
- World Car Free Day on Saturday 22 September 2018
-> Silver Sunday 7 October 2018 - details TBC
- Any other events we could link with to gain publicity and participants?
7. Any other business and date of next meeting
We are the local, volunteer group of the London Cycling Campaign. Our group is open to any LCC member who lives, works, studies or cycles in the City of Westminster. We aim to encourage people to cycle, improve conditions for cycling and raise the profile of cycling in Westminster. The majority of our 250 members are Westminster residents. When we write to our local councillors, we are writing to Westminster's councillors. All members are welcome to contribute as much or as little time as they wish. You're welcome to just come to our meetings to listen to what's happening.
We have six meetings each year. We learn more by discussing opinions and proposals together, so please join us to have your say on the issues that affect you. We organise events such as led cycle rides and Dr Bike events with cycle mechanics, maps and leaflets. Please see the LCC website's events list, which we use to record and advertise our events. Do you want to attend our meetings but there's something about the venue or time that doesn't suit you? Please get in touch.
We work with authorities including Westminster City Council, Transport for London, the Royal Parks and the Canal & River Trust. Please see Cyclescape, which we use to invite comments, debate opinions and record our consultation responses.
Please see our Twitter account to keep up to date with the latest local news and discussions. You don’t need your own account to view it.
Colin Wing / 020 7828 1500 / firstname.lastname@example.org