Westminster Cycling Campaign Meeting
Location: The Carpenters Arms, 12 Seymour Place, Marylebone, London, W1H 7NE – in the quiet upstairs room. Alcoholic drinks, soft drinks and snacks such as crisps and peanuts will be available. Members can also bring their own food.
1. Introductions and apologies for absence
2. Feedback from meeting with Cycling Champion Councillor Jim Glen
3. Strand Aldwych Project - consultation deadline 13 March 2019
4. Seven Dials area
5. Enford Street School Street - consultation deadline 22 February 2019
6. Cycle parking including bike hangars
7. News from the LCC
8. Forthcoming rides and events – ours and others (for ours see items marked '->' below and http://lcc.org.uk/events):
- The Wandle Trail ride on Saturday 9 February 2019
- Quietway 2 ride to Walthamstow in March?
- Regent's Park ride?
- IWA Canalway Cavalcade Saturday 4 to Monday 6 May 2019
- Prudential RideLondon FreeCycle on Saturday 3 August 2019
- Any other events we could link with to gain publicity and participants?
9. Any other business and date of next meeting
We are the local, volunteer group of the London Cycling Campaign. Our group is open to any LCC member who lives, works, studies or cycles in the City of Westminster. We aim to encourage people to cycle, improve conditions for cycling and raise the profile of cycling in Westminster. The majority of our 320 members are Westminster residents. When we write to our local councillors, we are writing to Westminster's councillors. All members are welcome to contribute as much or as little time as they wish. You're welcome to just come to our meetings to listen to what's happening.
We have six meetings each year. We learn more by discussing opinions and proposals together, so please join us to have your say on the issues that affect you. We organise events such as led cycle rides and Dr Bike events with cycle mechanics, maps and leaflets. Please see the LCC website's events list, which we use to record and advertise our events. Do you want to attend our meetings but there's something about the venue or time that doesn't suit you? Please get in touch.
We work with authorities including Westminster City Council, Transport for London, the Royal Parks and the Canal & River Trust. Please see Cyclescape, which we use to invite comments, debate opinions and record our consultation responses.
Please see our Twitter account to keep up to date with the latest local news and discussions. You don’t need your own account to view it.
Colin Wing / 020 7828 1500 / firstname.lastname@example.org