Westminster Cycling Campaign meeting
Location: The Sir John Balcombe, 21 Balcombe Street, NW1 6HE
- PLEASE NOTE THE CHANGE OF VENUE
1. Introductions and apologies for absence
2. Baker Street and Gloucester Place Two Way consultation
3. East-West Cycle Superhighway: Victoria Embankment response submitted
4. Cycle Superhighway 5: John Islip Street response submitted
5. Hampden Street / Alfred Street footbridge update
6. Printed newsletter in London Cyclist magazine
7. Forthcoming rides and events - ours and others (for ours see http://lcc.org.uk/events):
- Open Garden Squares Weekend - City and Tower Hamlets ride on Saturday 13 June 2015
- Open Garden Squares Weekend - Kensington and Hammersmith ride on Sunday 14 June 2015
- Dr Bike at Hyde Park on Monday 15 June 2015
- Dr Bike and Exchanging Places (bike/lorry) at Kensington Gardens on Tuesday 16 June 2014
- Dr Bike and Exchanging Places (bike/lorry) at Greenwich Park on Wednesday 17 June 2014
- Dr Bike and Exchanging Places (bike/lorry) at Regent's Park on Thursday 18 June 2014
- Dr Bike at Hyde Park on Friday 19 June 2014
- Dr Bike and Exchanging Places (bike/lorry) at Richmond Park on Saturday 20 June 2014
- SouthWestFest on Saturday 20 June 2015 (entire event is Friday 19 to Sunday 28 June 2015)
- Marylebone Summer Fayre on Sunday 28 June 2015
- Urban Explorer - Sights of London ride on Sunday 19 July 2015 (complements the CTC AGM weekend)
- WECH Summer Festival on Sunday 19 July 2015
- Prudential RideLondon FreeCycle including feeder ride from Queen's Park Gardens (Ilbert Street) on Saturday 1 August 2015
- Little Green Ride for a Rural Delight on Sunday 16 August 2015
- Rural Delight Ride - River Eden for Naughty Boys and Girls on Saturday 12 September 2015
- Silver Sunday on Sunday 4 October 2015
- London Cycling Campaign AGM and Campaigners Conference on Saturday 17 October 2015
- Any other events we could link with to gain publicity and participants?
8. Any other business and date of next meeting
Do you cycle in the City of Westminster?
Join us at our meetings to have your say on the issues that affect you and other cyclists.
Who are we?
Westminster Cycling Campaign is the local group of the London Cycling Campaign. Our group is open to any London Cycling Campaign member who lives, works, studies or cycles in the City of Westminster. The majority of our 270 members are Westminster residents. When we write to our local councillors, we are writing to Westminster's councillors.
What are our aims?
- Encourage people to cycle
- Improve conditions for cycling
- Raise the profile of cycling
What do we do?
- Respond to consultations on proposals such as highway, parks or canal improvements
- Raise issues that affect cyclists and suggest where improvements can be made
- Work with authorities including Westminster City Council, Transport for London, the Royal Parks and the Canal & River Trust
- Organise events such as led cycle rides and Dr Bike events with cycle mechanics, maps and leaflets
- Encourage considerate cycling
How are we organised?
- Our group is led by a Management Committee, elected at our Annual Meeting.
- We have six meetings each year. Food, alcoholic and soft drinks will be available.
Colin Wing / 020 7828 1500 / firstname.lastname@example.org