Westminster Cycling Campaign meeting
Location: The Sir John Balcombe, 21 Balcombe Street, Marylebone NW1 6HE – in the quiet downstairs room. Food, alcoholic and soft drinks will be available.
1. Introductions and apologies for absence
2. 20mph speed limit trials
3. Progress with Cycle Superhighways and Quietways
4. Ilbert Street bike hangar
5. Oxford Street
6. Forthcoming rides and events – ours and others (for ours see items marked '->' below and http://lcc.org.uk/events):
- The Women's Tour - Stage 5 in central London on Sunday 11 June 2017
- Dr Bike in Kensington Gardens on Monday 12 June 2017 4-7pm
- Dr Bike in Regent's Park on Tuesday 13 June 2017 4-7pm
- Dr Bike in Hyde Park on Friday 16 June 2017 4-7pm
-> Open Garden Squares Weekend Ride 1 on Saturday 17 June 2017 at 10:30am
-> Open Garden Squares Weekend Ride 2 on Sunday 18 June 2017 at 10:15am
-> Prudential RideLondon FreeCycle Led Ride from Queen’s Park Gardens through Westminster on Saturday 29 July 2017 at 10:45am
- Any other events we could link with to gain publicity and participants?
7. Any other business and date of next meeting
Westminster Cycling Campaign is the local group of the London Cycling Campaign. Our group is open to any London Cycling Campaign member who lives, works, studies or cycles in the City of Westminster. We aim to encourage people to cycle, improve conditions for cycling and raise the profile of cycling in Westminster. The majority of our 250 members are Westminster residents. When we write to our local councillors, we are writing to Westminster's councillors. All members are welcome to contribute as much or as little time as they wish. You're welcome to just come to our meetings to listen to what's happening.
We have six meetings each year. We learn more by discussing opinions and proposals together, so please join us to have your say on the issues that affect you. We organise events such as led cycle rides and Dr Bike events with cycle mechanics, maps and leaflets. Please see the LCC website's events list, which we use to record and advertise our events.
We work with authorities including Westminster City Council, Transport for London, the Royal Parks and the Canal & River Trust. Please see Cyclescape, which we use to invite comments, debate opinions and record our consultation responses.
Other news articles and discussions
Please see our Twitter account.
Colin Wing / 020 7828 1500 / firstname.lastname@example.org