Could you spare a day a week to support LCC's membership team and the Editor of London Cyclist magazine?
London Cyclist magazine is one of the most important benefits LCC offers to its membership. It's also a vital means of communicating the work LCC does, so our members know how their support is helping to make cycling in London safer and more enjoyable.
It's an exciting time for London Cyclist magazine, a recent redesign has given the magazine more a compact and contemporary look and feel. We’re looking for a volunteer who can ideally spare a day a week to help the magazine's editor in writing, producing and sourcing content to make sure we can continue to create a first class publication for our members.
What kind of work will you be doing?
- Creating & producing content for London Cyclist magazine.
- Helping source external content for London Cyclist magazine.
- Helping source products for reviews and tests.
- Liaising with editorial contributors and photographers.y
Volunteers within the membership team will be asked to provide administrative / routine support to staff as needed. As the LCC team from time to time goes through ‘all hands on deck’ moments there may be occasions where volunteers are asked if they are able to support staff members from other teams as the need arises.
What skills can you expect to draw upon?
- Good written English.
- Good attention to detail, particularly fact checking and source checking.
- Good organisational skills.
- Motivated, reliable and able to work independently
- An ability to work as part of a team
- Happy to undertake routine tasks
- Basic computer skills, including Word and Excel(Adobe Indesign & Photoshop a bonus).
- Knowledge of cycling useful but not essential.
- We’ll give informal training on our membership database and CMS
- Join a team of friendly, like-minded people
- Opportunity to learn/improve skills
- Lunch expenses up to £5 per day
- Travel expenses will be reimbursed for volunteers on their volunteering day (up to the value of a 1 day Travelcard zones 1-4)
If you're able to help, we would love to hear from you. Please email us with a brief outline of your skills and why you would like to volunteer for LCC.