Several landmark schemes that LCC fought for – including Tavistock Place, CS11 and Mini Hollands – are under threat. The opposition is coming from taxi drivers, anti-cycling councils, and groups of organised and well-resourced NIMBY residents.
We urgently need to increase campaigning capacity to fight off these very real threats. We've set up the Fighting Fund For Cycling which will pay to:
• Provide evidence that demonstrates how important the infrastructure in these schemes is for children, families, local residents and local businesses.
• Design and produce communications materials so residents know the schemes are under threat.
• Significantly step up lobbying of councils to get them to embrace cycling.
• Run social media campaigns to increase public awareness that the schemes are under threat.
• Build alliances with big organisations to educate them on the benefits of cycling and enable the voice of progressive organisations to be heard loud and clear by politicians and officers.
LCC has secured a pot of matched funding from major donors and cycling trade organisations. That means every single donation LCC receives up to £5,000 will be doubled. You donate £20 and LCC receives £40.
Please donate today to make sure LCC can continue to fight effectively for the happier, healthier, less congested, less polluted streets that Londoners desperately need. Every single pound you donate will help – please donate to the Fighting Fund for Cycling today.
Donate by phone
Call us directly, and we can take a donation from your credit or debit card over the phone: 020 7234 9310
Donate by cheque
You can donate by sending a cheque made out to LCC and posted to Membership and Fundraising, London Cycling Campaign, 2 Newhams Row, London, SE1 3UZ
If you have a CAF account, you can also make a donation by sending a cheque to Membership and Fundraising, London Cycling Campaign, 2 Newhams Row, London, SE1 3UZ
Transfer from your bank
We can accept donations paid directly into our bank account. You will need LCC's bank details when requesting the transfer:
Sort code: 60-83-01
Account number: 20217925
Bank name: UNITY TRUST BANK plc
When making a bank transfer, please notify us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the date the transfer was made, the amount and also a reference for the transaction.
Make a regular donation
Making a regular monthly donation to LCC is one of the best ways of supporting our campaigning. Set up a regular donation here.
If you have any questions about making a donation to LCC, please contact the Membership Team on 020 7234 9310 or email email@example.com