Our Facebook Page is open to anyone to comment. However, it's not a place to use foul language, insult fellow Facebook users, libel someone, or post material of an overtly political nature.
We reserve the right to edit or remove comments that break these rules.
Also, we ask you to post comments, not articles – if it's more than a two or three sentences, it's too long.
Our forum is operated by the London Cycling Campaign on behalf of its members and other registered users.
We reserve the right to remove any post, registered user or member that we feel infringes the letter of the rules or the spirit of the forum.
Privileges and access
- Only members can start discussions.
- All registered users can reply to discussionms.
- Any site visitor can read a discussion.
- All registered users can send and receive private messages.
Rules and guidelines
- We take libel very seriously, and if you post material that is potentially libelous, it will be deleted and you may have your privleges temporarily or permanently removed.
- Don't post articles masquerading as discusssions. A discussion or reply should rarely be more than a couple of hundreds words. Link offsite to long articles, whether they're your own or not.
- Don’t post in a way that’s disrespectful to others. Flaming or abusing other people won’t be tolerated.
- Don’t post offensive text, images, or links.
- Respect the copyright of other users, sites, and media.
- Make sure you post in a relevant area; posts in the wrong forum have to be manually moved, which takes up moderator time.
- Avoid cross-posting, submitting the same post to multiple forums.
- Unsolicited advertising or links to third-party commercial sites are not acceptable.
- When buying or selling, it’s a good idea to use private messaging to avoid making unnecessary details public.
- Don’t reveal your London Cycling Campaign membership number on the forum.
- Don’t use your username or avatar or any other profile to promote commercial.
- Don’t reply to your own posts, unless there are exceptional circumstances.
- Use a title that relates to the content of your post.
- Don’t draw attention to your post with capital letters, or unnecessarily SHOUT in posts.
- If you’re unsure of what’s expected on the forum, lurk without posting until it becomes clear.
- We’ll warn or apply a temporary or permanent ban on users who break these rules.
- If you see a post you think contravenes the rules, please bring it to our attention using the “contact us about this post” button at the bottom of each forum.
- Rules apply to private messages, as well as public forum posts.
- Any attempt to circumvent a temporary ban or other moderator action will lead to a permanent ban. Circumvention includes re-registering or using an already registered account under a non-banned username. Other examples include changing IP addresses, using a new email account or other action that can be taken to evade moderator action to hide your identity as the owner of the sanctioned account.
- Users who feel they have been unfairly warned or banned by a moderator are encouraged to contact us. Our decision will be final.
- If you think you would make a suitable moderator, please contact us.
Avatars and profiles
- You may post an avatar up to 500kb, which will be automatically resized.